Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!




I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
I only have 7 more radiation treatments to go! So with all the holiday breaks, I should finish up Jan. 4! I can't wait! My skin is really red and peeling. Ella says it's looks really disgusting and she is right! It's very sore and irritating but only a few more days and then it can heal up!!!
I've started a clinical trial with my medical oncologist. I will be in this study for the next 3 years. I will be monitored every 4-6 weeks, so I feel "safe"! The study is for women who's cancer is currently in remission. (That's what it reads but I haven't gotten the verbal words from a doctor, still waiting to hear those words!) The study is investigational and is being done to find out if adding a drug (a bisphophonate) to hormonal therapy or chemotherapy will help prevent cancer form spreading to the bones or other parts of the body. I will be in getting an IV injection of one of these drugs every month for the first six months, then every 3 months after that for the next 2 1/2 years. Like I said they will be monitoring me very closely!
My spirits have been pretty good these last couple of days...I guess it's the spirit of Christmas! This is one of my favorite times of year!
Take Care and God Bless!

2 comments:

Amber Turner said...

I can't help but smile....the kids are so sweet and you are doing so well! What a wonderful Christmas gift! I know you and the whole family must be feeling very blessed this year. You all have so much to celebrate. I know you haven't heard the word "remission" yet, but I KNOW you will hear it soon and what a glorious day that will be. May all of you have a blessed and Merry Christmas tomorrow! Love Amber

Unknown said...

Dear Jual,
You have just given me the best Christmas present possible - news of remission and pictures of your 3 beautiful babies!!! I am so grateful that your treatments will soon be over. I have many friends who ask about you everytime I see them and tell me that you are still being remebered in prayer. Love to all and have the best Christmas ever!!
With great love,
Aunt Patti