Monday, February 18, 2008

Y-ME Walk 2008

Last year about 1 month after my diagnosis, we participated in the Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization Walk To Empower. It was an unbelievable event, where my family and friends came out to be there for me in such a surreal and frightening time. In less than 2 weeks we raised over $8000 to help support women with breast cancer. We also had over 70 members on our team, Jual's Gems walking with us! My sister Sara is organizing another team this year and our goal is to raise $9000. We invite you to join us on Mother's Day for the walk in Washington, DC. If you can't join us please consider donating to the Y-ME organization, their slogan is, "no woman should have to face breast cancer alone." I have not faced one step alone in this battle and I'm so thankful for that! I want the same support for everyone who faces this horrible disease! Please go to the website for more information on the walk and on donating! Thank you so much!
Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization: Walk to Empower - Washington, D.C.:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jual
Yes, I will be walking with you guys again this year. Although you will have to help me figue out how to get to DC! I will always be there for u girl! Just let me know if u need me.
Hope you are getting your strength back. Just when u do get all your strength back don't go "leaping over tall buildings in a single bound" like superman 'cause you have been a "superwoman" during this whole ordeal! Lol! See you soon, Love, Cecelia

nicole rotella said...

LOVE the new pictures!! I'd love to see more, so if you post online on shutterfly or somewhere like it, please send me the link!!! Your little munchkins are just adorable!!! I'm so glad you're finally beginning to put this struggle behind you and moving on with your life!!! Pretty soon Ryder will be mobile and you'll be running your tail off trying to keep up with 3 toddlers!!! Save up your energy, because you'll need it my friend---trust me!!! :) Enjoy every crazy second of it---I know you will!!!!! :)

Love,
Nicole & Gang!

Jack and Anita Holland said...

Dear Jual, We are so happy to hear the great news of your recovery. With God's help, your strong support team, your strong will-power and modern medicine you are a Surviver! Thank God! I have been sitting hear reading and crying for you past sadness and now for your recent joy! I am visulizing you as a grandma one day, living a long healthy life watching your kids grow up and having babies of their own! Your Mom is right when she speaks of the power of the mind. Keep feeling grateful, and feeling positive, and most of all feeling happy and you will attract more things in your life to feel grateful about.
Your children are beautiful! No doubt you are a very busy mother!
I still remember like it was only a few years ago.... climbing a waterfall in Hawaii when you were about 8 years young! You are an incredibly strong women and you have been through alot! If you would like to come down to sunny Florida for some R&R please do. I have a large guest room that fits a rent-a crib, and another guest room that has a queen for two you children! I will feed you and entertain you and it would be my pleasure to help with the kids! (I wish I would have had more kids) Everyday would be an adventure with the Beach Club, stroller friendly nature walks, cruising in the golf cart to the lake to fish, Lion country Safary, the zoo. If some reason you can afford to leave your busy life for a vacation and to warm up..... please do! Mom still has our phone number and my e-mail address is jholl35787@aol.com. Love always, Anita, Jack, Jonathan and Alana

Kara Ayres said...

Jual,
I will definitely be in DC again for the run/walk. I wouldn't miss it for the world !!
I'm so happy to see you looking so great. You have BEAUTIFUL kids, an amazing support system and such courage... I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Love,
Kara, Mike and the kiddies