Friday, November 2, 2007

It's been awhile...

Hi Everyone!

I've been so busy lately. Life seems to be getting back to "normal"! Which is wonderful! I have one more week of chemo!!! Yippy!!! I'm so excited but very nervous at the same time! About 2 weeks ago we stopped the Taxol b/c I was experiencing neuropathy in my toes. It's temporary while on Taxol but could become permanent, so we stopped Taxol. I had a total of 9 rounds. We continued the Carboplatin and next week is my last treatment for a total of 6 rounds!!

Today, I go for my radiation planning! I will end chemo on Nov. 8 and start radiation on Nov. 14! So there is a light at the end of the tunnel...only a few more weeks!!!
In the last 2 weeks, I have also had 2 more scans. A MRI of the brain b/c I was having dizziness. The brain checked out great! Good News! We guess that the dizziness is either from being exhausted, hormones, or from the Taxol. It has gotten better since we stopped the Taxol. I also had another CT scan of chest and abdomen just to rule out everything with the dizziness and plus I've been having lower back pain. CT scan checked out great! More good news!!!

My oncologist and my surgeon seem to be happy with my progress! Hopefully things will stay smooth sailing from here on out!

The kids loved Halloween...we had a blast."Beauty and the Beast" got lots of candy! And Ryder slept in the Baby Bjorn! Ella is already talking about next year!!

10 comments:

Byron and Jeanette Vorce said...

I love the pictures! I can't believe how fast the three of them are growing! I know you will be glad when the chemo is over and then you will get through the radiation, yes, there is the light at the end of the tunnel. It is bright and shiney and I can see it! This year will be in the past and we will move forward with gratitude and a new respect for life! I love you very much! MOM

nicole rotella said...

How great it is to hear how good you are doing!! I check your blog all the time, and was so excited to see the adorable new pictures of your beautiful little ones!! I'm so thrilled that you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel--and it's getting bigger and brighter each day!! It's awesome that your brain & CAT scans have come back fine!!!! Just sit back and enjoy having your life get back to normal!! (Although, I can tell you from experience that normal with 3 toddlers is pretty chaotic, but enjoyable nonetheless!!)

Love always!
Nicole & family

Unknown said...

Jual,
Whoo hoo!! Did I spell that right?
(meant hurray) Chemo almost done!
Hang in there! Ella, Pierce and Ryder look sooo cute in their Halloween outfits. Ryder had such a funny face on in that one pic w/ the hat on! Love ya, Cecelia

Amber Turner said...

What wonderful news! Everything sounds like it is going so well...I am very happy for you guys! It is nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, both for you all and for us as your friends!! And the children and beautiful....they are so sweet in their little outfits! I will pray that things will stay on the up and up for you guys!! Life is such a blessing, and you and your family is proof of this....Lots of love...Amber and family

Plain Jane said...

Hi Jual!

I just got this working ~ but I've been praying for you and I am so HAPPY that you and your health have been improving! Let me know if you need ANYTHING ~ even if I'm far away!!!

Stephanie (Brueggen) Diaz
:)

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

I've been checking in and checking in for an update, and with your wonderful news and precious pictures I see God answering the prayers of all those that love you. I'm filled with joy and thanks...Love to you, Alex and the little ones!
Aunt Judy

PE retired said...

Jual,
Dr. Vera Bailey is praying for you (among many others who are praying for you). Dr. Bailey is a remarkable woman; we'll tell you about her when we see you. Dr. Bailey asked that we send you a little book entitled "Prison to Praise" by Merlin Carothers. In obedience, we are sending it to you--you should have it in a few days.
Much love to you and the kids. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. God be with you and your family.
Love,
Uncle Ray & Aunt Jenny
PS I read this little book. I don't know how much that you'll get out of it, but I got a lot. I recommend it to everyone.

Byron and Jeanette Vorce said...

This message is for all who have been following Jual's progress through her blog. We really appreciate all the prayers, good vibes and wonderful support that everyone has given Jual. We couldn't be happier with the news we have received so far. Please keep the prayers coming as I really believe it is God that it getting her (us) through this. I humbly thank God everyday for this miracle. So please keep the prayers going so we will keep the good news going and again THANKS!
Very appreciatively, Jual's Mom and Dad.

danny and zita said...

Hi Jual,
How the heck have you been i spoke to lynn and she gave some updates of what is going on. I am so sry about whats going on with your life. We are praying for you everyday. You have gone through alot in your life.You are a very strong person. You have 3 beatifull kids. They are so precious. Nice family pictures of all of you. Well keep in touch and we are praying for you and your family.
Love
Danny and Zita