Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More drama....

Please say a little prayer for my baby! On Monday night, he fell down one step as he was trying to climb up them and hurt himself. He was crying and crying and we could not get him to calm down, so I took him to the ER. I knew something was seriously wrong b/c he would not stop crying. Sure enough, he fractured his left leg. It was just the way he twisted it, the doctor said that if he was an adult it would have been a ligament injury but baby's ligaments are soft so the bone broke instead. He's in a splint until Friday and then a cast for 4-6weeks. Poor baby! He has been a good sport, just frustrated b/c he can't crawl around.

As for me...I'm okay.

I just want to thank you for all the comments, cards, and prayers! It means more to me than I can ever express!

Surprising, I'm doing very well. I've had a few good cries but all and all I'm okay. I have all the confidence that we will keep this under control for a long time. I might not ever get to be a grandmother but who knows maybe!

I go tomorrow for my first shot...it's actually a drug called Zoladex. Don't know too much about it really, all I know is that the goal will be to stop the production of estrogen. I'll find out more tomorrow!

I've just been trying to continue as normal. I had the most wonderful summer, enjoying life. As we go into fall and winter, I'll do the same! For every season! I'm keeping busy, still working, still cleaning (like crazy, it's a nice way to keep my distracted), still having the great privilege of being a mom.

Alex and I are having the "what if" conversations. It's not easy but if something happens, we want to be prepared and on the same page as far as the children. We are a team and we work very well together and together is how we want to make the decisions for our children's future! That's the biggest fear/worry that I have, how is he going to be a single parent. 3 children is a lot of work and to have to do it alone, I can't even imagine. Well, let's not worry about that now, only if we need to, right!?!?

With Love,

12 comments:

Me said...

Jual - I know your story through a mutual friend, Havalynn. I often think about you and your family and say a little prayer for you. I have to say you are such a huge inspiration. I admire your courage and you are a fantastic mom. I wish you the best of luck with your new treatment and I just know that you'll be around for a long long time to enjoy your family. I hope you feel all the thoughts, prayers, and best wishes many have for you. Take care!!!!!!!

jgraymom said...

Hey there-

Good luck with the first shot today, I will be thinking of you! and I hope that Ryder is hanging in there. Jonas has talked constantly about Pierce and Alex (daddy friend) since seeing them on Sunday. We love you guys and are praying for you and hope to see you all soon! - Jill

Amber Turner said...

Jual....I sure hope Ryder is on the mend soon! I was wondering what you meant on your Facebook page when your status said you were "trying to keep a 14 month old from crawling"! Now I know! Poor fella...

As for you, I swear, you are the bravest person I know. I love the way you grab life by the horns and live it. You rock....I just want you to know that! Lots of love, Amber

Diane said...

Oh Jual! I will say prayers for your little man. Boys are hard to contain so I can't imagine. I hope the shot went OK.
Prayers,
Diane

Kristin said...

Jual - I am so sorry to hear about Ryder and about the new diagnosis as well. I tried several times to get in touch with you but was unsucessful. I understand that you have been through and are still going through a tremendous amount but I would like to be here for you. We were inseperable at one point in our lives and would like things to be that way again. I recently was diagnosed with Colon Cancer so I know what you are going through. Who would have ever thought that 2 people that were best friends growing up would ever be experiencing so much of the same bad luck now. Please email me at r6chick2005@yahoo.com so that we can catch up and so that we can be there for each other. I love you and miss you!
Kristin Matthews

Abbey Knoll said...

Jual

Abbey Knoll said...

Jual,
I'm just amazed by you. You have such an amazing outlook on life. I really feel that one of the most important goals in life is to be happy, and I try hard to convey that to me girls. Although, I'm sure I'm not always successful. Thank you for being my teacher. Good luck with the shot today, and good luck keeping your little man from crawling. I love you!

Love,
Abbey

Kara said...

Jual~ I am at a loss of words. Unfamiliar for me... I know we are all praying for you and your family a little harder now.

Try and keep your faith. It has helped me through many difficult times in my life!!!

I want you to know I have a pink ribbon tattooed on my foot (opposite heel of my A-Phi one) and now my kids want to get one too. I might be the only mom in history that has her kids asking for a tattoo at 8!?!

Take Care,
Kara

Angie said...

Jual,
I am thinking about you and praying for you every day. You have already proven that you are stronger than this cancer once. I am so impressed with your attitude and i am inspired by you. You have so many people around you who love you and care for you especially Michelle. She is a GREAT friend to have and i see your close friendship growing all the time. Having her there all the time must be a great help. Keep up the positive! I will be thinking of the little guy too in his cast!
Angie

Donna said...

Jual, You may not remember me but my daughter, Diane, shared with me the battle you are so heroically waging each day. Just want you to know that you and your beautiful family are at the top of my prayer list. I was looking through some photo albums from the past and came across a couple photos of you and Diane playing with your Cabbage Patch dolls during your OLGC days which I passed along to Diane in the hope that she'd share them with you. So adorable. It's hard to believe that you are both now mothers with three young, real live "dolls" of your own. Along with a wonderful husband and children, God has blessed you with amazing courage that serves as a shining example to your family and those who remember the sweet little girl you were. Please be assured of my continuing thoughts and prayers on behalf of you and your family. Hang in there, Jual. And, always remember that God who has brought you to this challenge in your life will bring you through it. TRUST HIM!

Danielle said...

Jual,
I know we have only met a couple of times at Bunco but Michelle and Lisa keep me updated on your progress. I think about you and your family on a daily basis. You are a strong women and you truely inspire me. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your attitude and positive energy is amazing. I hope to see you soon.
Danielle

Unknown said...

I cry when I read your blog and ache inside like I know most of us do. I cannot help but to be humbled by your courage, strength and faith. I marvel at your strength of conviction. You are truly a gift to all who know you and have gotten to know you...even if it is from afar. You are an inspiration. God bless you and keep you always.

Maryellen Egan-Boyajian