Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Chemo update...








I'm trying to get more pics of Pierce but he is not having it these days. He's on the go, never sits still! So funny and cute! Of coarse, Ella is a ham and loves to have her pictures taken, especially with her baby Ryder!



After chemo last week, I felt very tired. I'm still very tired. I was feeling sick all day Sunday. I just didn't feel very well, it could have been from the chemo or something else. It's hard to tell these days which end is up. The taxol I think makes me very achy and I think the new combo left me exhausted. The good news is....Only 3 more weeks of chemo and then on to radiation. 10 weeks left total, almost done! Hopefully I'll be rocking in the new year free of cancer and treatment and moving on to a new chapter in my life!


My arm is much better, the cording is almost gone and the range of motion is great! I still have a lot of muscle tension. If only I could get a massage, it would be wonderful. But my oncologist has suggested to stay away from massage for now until we repeat scans. B/c of the inflammatory aspect of the cancer, there is some thought that massage could help spread the cancer. And we don't want that, so I'm dealing with the muscle tension.


Ryder is still on his apnea monitor but goes back on October 11 for a re-evaluation. He's monitor has not alarmed in a few weeks. So hopefully he can come off the monitor on the 11th. He's gaining weight, eating well, and sleeping well. He's getting big, getting those chubby checks...soo cute! He's just a sweet blessing! I'm so thankful that he's healthy and here in my life!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Yeah for Ryder! We will keep our fingers crossed that he will be free of the monitor! Isn't that your anniversary date too? Hopefully you guys will have 2 REASONS to celebrate!!! Glad the arm is feeling better! 2008 IS GONNA BE YOUR YEAR!!! Okay you are truely amazing:)
Love,
Meg

Byron and Jeanette Vorce said...

We will ring in the New Year and celebrate - no more treatments but most of all CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
Next year will be a better year!
I love you.
Mom

Unknown said...

Ryder looks so alert in those pics. Especially for his age! Such precious little ones and you and Alex, too. Love Ya, Cecelia

Judy said...

Jual, No matter what else is going on (and there's always something with college kids), when I see the pictures of your precious little ones, I smile and I smile and I keep on smiling... So thank you for sharing pics of your beauties. It was absolutely the best part of my day today! Love, Aunt Judy

Teresaland03 said...

Hey Jual! This is Tory Ann Aunt Lynn's niece Ryder is so cute! I can't wait to see him some time im saying prays for you and him love Tory Ann