Saturday, August 11, 2007

I'm Home!!














I'm so happy to be home and feeling good! I'm very pleased that I'm in little pain. I have this wonderful little fanny pack that I carry around that is a constant local anesthetic. It's my new best friend!! I missed my children, my dog, and my bed! I'm still very weak...I keep forgetting b/c I feel so good that I have to take it easy. I get very tired and shaky after awhile and need to lay down. Baby steps...but on the road to recovery!!

Ryder is getting stronger everyday. I just called to check on him and he has been transferred next door to the "less critical" nursery. He likes his feedings which is only 20cc every 3 hours, that's less than an ounce but he likes it. He was under the bilirubin lights today when we went to visit due to his jaundice but will be taken off at 11pm tonight. Hopefully we will be home sometime next week. We can't wait to bring him home!

It was very strange to leave the hospital without him. The closer we got to home, I was so excited to see Ella and Pierce but it was just further and further away from my little baby. We live about an 45 minutes to an hour away from the hospital and I felt so bad leaving him there all alone. Well, he's not really alone...he is being well taken care of and all the nurse think he's cute so he's good! :-)

Thank you all so much for all the prayers, love, and support. Alex and I would not be so "put together" without our family and friends! Again, the words thank you can not even to begin to describe how thankful we really are. We love you and we are very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jual,
I'm so happy that you're home! I can only imagine how much Ella and Pierce missed their Mommy. Ryder looks like he's doing well. It won't be long and you will all be together--what a great day to look forward to! You look wonderful - the joy of having a new little one really shows. God bless all of you. Take care and love to all!
Love, Aunt Patti

Teresa said...

Jual,
I am so glad to see you and Ryder are doing so well. You are such a strond person! Look how beautiful you are, and always smiling....I am so happy to hear that things went well this past week, and that you are feeling so great! Thanks to you and Alex for all the updates, it really helps when those of us that are far away can not be there. I can not wait to come and see you and your family! It will be great to see you, I hope you got those pics I sent you... :) Love ya much girlie!
Teresa

nicole rotella said...

Jual,
You are so amazing! The pictures you posted are beautiful, and you look so great-not like you've been through anything close to what you have!! I am so happy that you are feeling so great, and can't wait for little Ryder to join his family!! I wish you were closer-I would love see you guys and hold that little miracle (I can't even imagine what a 5 lb baby feels like-my last was 9 lbs!!)!! Keep taking care of yourself and we'll keep praying for you and your family!!!

Love,
Nicole

Jennifer Cooper said...

Jual,

I am so happy to hear things are going so smoothly. You have such a beautiful family! I have been thinking of you everyday. I have always thought of you as a strong person. I don't think I have ever doubted that you would not pull through this like a shining star! Love your cousin,
Jennifer (Egan)Cooper

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you holding Ryder. You look beautiful and so happy. He looks bigger and stronger from the night that I saw him. I can't wait to hold him. Love you!