Friday, August 3, 2007


What a beautiful site! We saw a rainbow last weekend as we sat on our front porch and had a picnic dinner with the kids. I've been asking for a sign to let me know that I will be okay. Is this is? Maybe! I have to believe that this is a sign because I have to believe that everything will be okay! That I'm going to be okay!
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm getting nervous. I'm definitely not nervous about having my beautiful baby boy! I love delivery, it's such an exciting event after a long 9 (in this case 8) months! Surgery, I'm a little nervous I guess, but mostly about the results of the pathology report and recovery. As for surgery itself...I'm ready! I'm ready for all the cancer cells to be removed my body!
The thing that I'm really nervous about is the CAT and bone scan. Since we've had to wait so long for these tests, it's just been weighing on my mind! We really have no reason to believe that the cancer has spread but because Inflammatory Breast Cancer is such an aggressive form of cancer it just worries me. I just hope and pray that for the best case scenario, clear margins and cancer free through out my body!
Thank you for all your love, support and prayers! It really means a lot to me and Alex! We would not be able to be so strong if it wasn't for our family and friends! We love you!!

12 comments:

Marnie said...

Looks like a sign to me! We think about you and your family everyday, and I couldn't imagine a better way to handle your situation. Your strength and bravery are unsurpassed.
Best wishes for you and baby Harman!
Love you all,
Marnie

nicole rotella said...

Good luck with your delivery!! Enjoy your new little miracle, and know that we will be thinking of you and praying for you!! Thank you for this blog-it's so nice to be able to keep up with your progress!! The new pics are awesome!!

Love you!
Nicole

PE retired said...

Jual,
thank you for sharing.
I think that the baby being born on Aunt Emma’s birthday is a sign too. I just know that Aunt Emma is in heaven praying that everything will be alright. Signs are good.
You’ve been in our thoughts and prayers. Now, even more so.
Love,
Uncle Ray & Aunt Jenny

Unknown said...

Greetings from your cousins in Houston!

We are sending you lots of good wishes as you prepare for next week.
You have a beautiful family, Jual. Thanks for sharing this journey with us!
We are all praying for you everyday.

Remember this psalm during times of worry:

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

We can't wait to hear about your new baby on Monday!

With lots of love and prayers always,

Mary, John, Matt, Megan and Caitlin

Unknown said...

Dear Jual,
I can only imagine your excitement in meeting the newest addition to the family! Can hardly wait to see a picture and know that son and Mommy are both doing well! As always, there are many prayers being offered for you and the baby now and in the days to follow. We have great faith that God will protect you. Special Masses are being offered by Father Job during the coming week. We'll all be lifting you up in prayer--
Much love,
Aunt Patti

Courtney said...

Hey there.
that picture of the flower on the right side, I think I took that with your camera. (:
By the way; I'm so excited for tomorrow/Monday. Everything is going to go great. Along with all the support you have. I love you Jual!

Byron and Jeanette Vorce said...

Everything will be fine. You and our new baby boy are going to come through this with flying colors just like the rainbow sign you saw! I know because God already gave me the sign I asked for! Stay strong! We love you!
Mom and Dad

Michelle said...

Best of luck this afternoon. I get goose bumps just thinking of you having the baby!! I know baby Harman is going to be just fine!! What a miracle baby he is going to be!! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Take care and have Alex be in touch with news, etc.
Love you,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Jual
I too just feel everything will turn out fine. I wish you a speedy delivery! Can't wait to see the pics! Keep being the strong and beautiful person that you are. May God be with you! Love, Cecelia

kjkoenig said...

Jual & Alex,
Mary's eighteenth birthday is today, and we remember well the excitement of knowing today you get to meet your little one! We are praying for you and will keep you in our prayers this week. I sent a little something to distract Ella and Pierce this week, and hope they don't miss their mom too much. (Sorry Alex, we know what you need the most, but it can't be mailed!) Take care, and know that we are praying for you!
Love,
Aunt Rita and Uncle Karl

Michelle said...

Jual & Alex,

Can't wait to hear news & see pics of the newest Master Harman :)...you guys were our last thoughts last night & the first ones this morning...

Hugs all around & A big Happy Birthday, Little Man! :) OXOX,

Love, Shelly, Tim & Kyle

Ruth Anne said...

We have thought about you all night and hope you had a wonderful delivery! You are an inspiration to women everywhere.....your inner strength, unconditional faith and positive attitude will get you through this. God will watch over you and protect you, as you do His work with your three precious babies. Congratulations to you and Alex and your beautiful family!

Love,
Dan, Ruth Anne, Will and Dylan